The Woolpack Inn, Stricklandgate, Kendal LA9 4PU
£40,000 per year
The market town of Kendal is situated in south Cumbria, 20 miles north of Lancaster, 50 miles south of Carlisle and approximately 70 miles north of Manchester. The town lies approximately 6 miles from Junction 36 of the M6 motorway and adjacent to the west coast main railway line.
Kendal, known as ‘The Gateway to The Lakes’ enjoys a significant tourist trade throughout the year and has a residential population of approximately 28,000 (2001 Census) and with a catchment area of in excess of 50,000 people.
The premises occupy an excellent trading location in the heart of Kendal, on Stricklandgate, one of Kendal’s main shopping areas. It is also part of the highly successful Elephant Yard – a thriving retail sector in the heart of Kendal. Elephant Yard boasts some of the leading high street retailers including Boots the Chemist, Next, Monsoon, Laura Ashley, Peacocks, Claire’s Accessories and Costa Coffee. Elephant Yard is managed as a fashion retail centre and is situated only 100m from the Marks & Spencer superstore boasting a peak season monthly footfall of 330,000 people and an annual figure grown year on year to in excess of 3.5 million people.
The attached GOAD plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
The Woolpack Inn is currently a fully furnished fast food restaurant and offers accommodation over ground, first and second floors. At ground floor there is currently a fully fitted commercial catering kitchen together with seating areas. The first floor offers further seating areas together with Male, Female and Disabled WC’s. The second floor provides a mixture of offices, storage areas and a WC.
Although most recently used as a fast food restaurant, the property would be suitable for a range of other leisure uses.
The property offers fabulous access onto Stricklandgate, one of Kendal’s main shopping areas.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor 93.3m² (1,005 sq ft)
First Floor 97.9m² (1,054 sq ft)
Second Floor 38.1m² (410 sq ft)
Total approximate Gross Internal Area 229.3m² (2,469 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £40,000 per annum exclusive. The rent will be subject to 5 yearly upward only rent reviews.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £34,500.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 50.4p in the pound, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £17,250 exclusive.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council – Tel: 01539 793245.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Suzie Barron – firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Ellis – email@example.com
Tel: 015934 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in April 2019.