Unit 1 Freightway, White Lund Industrial Estate, Morecambe LA3 3PB
£35,000 per year
The subject property is located just off Southgate within White Lund Industrial Estate, which is Lancaster and Morecambe’s primary manufacturing and industrial area and is connected to the M6 via the Bay Gateway, providing access to Kendal in the north and Preston in the south.
Morecambe has a resident population of approximately 34,768 (2011 Census) and is located within Lancashire, England. Lancaster is approximately 3 miles to the east, Kendal 25 miles to the north and Preston 25 miles to the south. Lancaster has a train station on the main West Coast Line with direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3.5 hours.
Freightway is just off Southgate connecting directly to the B5273 Mellishaw Lane and the A683 which in turn leads to Junction 34 of the M6. Nearby occupiers comprise a mix of light industrial, trade counter and distribution-based users such as Speedy Hire, Europcar and Graham Plumbers Merchants.
The subject property comprises a modern, semi-detached industrial unit with single storey offices and a mezzanine floor.
The unit is of traditional steel portal frame construction beneath insulated sheet steel cladding with blockwork walls and a concrete floor. The unit features an electrically operated vehicular access door and an eaves height of 5.4m to the underside of the haunch. The unit has 3 phase electricity, a warm air blower and strip and spot LED lighting. The mezzanine has a Mess Room with sink and a separate WC.
The ground floor offices are carpeted, with a suspended ceiling with fluorescent lighting, double glazed windows, air conditioning and a WC.
The unit is alarmed and externally, there is a front car park/forecourt.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity, gas, water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate gross internal measurements:
Ground Floor 483 sq m (5,199 sq ft)
First Floor 199 sq m (2,142 sq ft)
Total Gross Internal Area 682 sq m (7,341 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a rental of £35,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £23,000.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 50.4 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable on the property of approximately £11,595 per annum. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Lancaster City Council – Tel: 01524 582920
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Joe Ellis – email@example.com
Suzie Barron – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in July 2019.