Unit 12 Packhorse Court, 7 Standish Street, Keswick CA12 5LS
Keswick is a busy market and tourist town located at the head of Derwent Water in the northern Lake District National Park, approximately 15 miles west of Penrith, 18 miles north of Windermere and 33 miles south west of Carlisle.
The property occupies a corner position on Standish Street close to the Station Street junction and forming part of the Packhorse Court retail complex. Packhorse Court is one of the main retailing areas within Keswick Town Centre and surrounding occupiers include a broad mix of retailers and leisure users. Station Street is directly to south east of the premises and there are a number of public car parks nearby.
The attached GOAD plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
The property provides a ground floor retail shop with ancillary first floor accommodation.
The premises have a glazed frontage with wooden frames/facade and a pitched slate roof. Internally the shop provides an open sales area with a number of private rooms.
There are stairs to a first floor storage area, kitchen point and dedicated WC facilities.
We understand the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground floor sales 56.73m² (611sq ft)
Internal sales width/gross frontage 4.56m (14.96 ft)
Sales depth 11.50m (37.73 ft)
Ancillary Storage 20.31 m² (219sq ft)
There is a service charge levied to recover the cost of the management and upkeep of common areas of Packhorse Court.
We understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £10,500 and is described as shop and premises.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 50.4p in the pound for small businesses, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £5,292 exclusive.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702 702.
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease by way of a service charge for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £9,000 per annum exclusive. The rent will be subject to 5 yearly upward only rent reviews.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate is available for the property and can be downloaded from the Edwin Thompson Website.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Suzie Barron – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in January 2020.