76 Glasgow Street, Dumfries DG2 9AQ
76 Glasgow Street, Dumfries DG2 9AQ
Dumfries is the largest town within Dumfries and Galloway, located approximately 75 miles south of Glasgow and 35 miles northwest of Carlisle.
The property is located on the east side of Glasgow Road, one of the arterial routes in the town, connecting the town centre with the A75 trunk road to the north west. The A75 provides access to the A701 and the A709, the two main roads to the A74(M) approximately 12 miles to the east of the subject property. The property is located within a mixed area of retail, offices and residential users nearby.
There is excellent public transport provision with regular bus services and Dumfries railway station is within walking distance. The central location, close to Dumfries Town Centre provides excellent access to an array of amenities.
The premises currently comprise of a detached warehouse of steel portal frame construction with a pitched roof incorporating translucent roof light panels.
The proposed development however, is to provide warehouse / trade counter accommodation with associated car parking. The development would provide bespoke units ranging in size from 1,377 sq ft to 7,797 sq ft and provide the ability to design the space to specific occupiers requirements.
It is understood that the premises provide the following Gross Internal Area:
Workshop 657.97 sq m (7,082 sq ft)
Offices 66.46 sq m (715 sq ft)
Total Gross Internal Area 724.43 sq m (7,797 sq ft)
The unit can be let as a whole or be split into smaller units from 126 sq m (1,377 sq ft). The proposed sizes are shown on the attached plans.
We are keen to speak to potential occupiers about this exciting opportunity and their requirements and will be pleased to provide a rental proposal based on use and specification of the units – please contact Suzie or Ruth on 01228 548 385.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C42 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
The Scottish Assessors Association website states that 76 Glasgow Street has a Rateable Value of £23,450 and is described as a workshop. However, depending on occupiers requirements, the Rateable Value will have to be re-assessed upon occupation for business rates payable.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable including the potential for small business rate relief with Dumfries & Galloway Council – Tel: 0300 100 1800.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Ruth Richardson – [email protected]
Suzie Barron – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in October 2020.
High profile trade/retail units with roadside frontage to the main A76 arterial route
Excellent access to Dumfries town centre, the A75 and surrounding road network
Opportunities to create bespoke units to occupier requirements from 1,377 sq ft to 7,797 sq ft
Available To Let on terms/rentals to be agreed subject to specification and size of units