Refurbished Industrial Premises For Sale
Willowholme Road, Willowholme Industrial Estate, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA2 5RT
The subject property is located on Willowholme Industrial Estate on the western outskirts of Carlisle city centre, Cumbria in the North West of England. Carlisle lies close to the Scottish Border and adjacent to Junctions 42, 43 and 44 of the M6 motorway network. It is also on the main west coast Virgin Glasgow to London Euston rail line and has good access east to Newcastle, including Newcastle airport, along the A69 trunk road.
Carlisle is the county town and situated at the northern end of Cumbria. The City has a population of 75,306 with a wider area population of 107,524 (2011 Census) and is the main administrative and retail centre for Cumbria.
Willowholme Industrial Estate is accessed via Willowholme Road which connects directly to the A595. The A595 provides access west to Wigton Road, the Cumbria Infirmary and the north west coast and east to the A7, one of the main routes traveling through Carlisle to the city centre. The A7 north leads to Kingstown and Junction 44 of the M6, 4 miles away and the B5299 travels to the south east and Dalston, 4 miles away. Carlisle Central Train Station and the city centre are a short distance to the east and south east.
The property provides a detached warehouse premises of steel portal frame construction with block elevations and a pitched profile clad roof with an eaves height of approximately 4.06m rising to 6.36m at the top of the steel. The property benefits from two sliding profile clad vehicle doors of approximately 3.85m high by 4.11m wide and 4.97m high by 6.51m wide and has dedicated car parking/loading to the front, surrounded by steel palisade fencing.
Internally, the property has solid concrete painted floors, painted block walls, LED down-lighting and provides open plan warehouse accommodation, offices, kitchen and WC facilities. The unit has a large HGV vehicle inspection pits an oil fired hot air blower system and has been recently re-wired throughout.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity (3 phase), water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewage systems.
The property provides the following approximate gross internal floor areas:
Warehouse 372.87m² (4,013 sq ft)
Mezzanine Storage 22.10m² (238 sq ft)
Total GIA 394.97m² (4,251 sq ft)
The property was subject to flood damage in the Storm Desmond adverse weather conditions in December 2015 and has since been refurbished throughout under an insurance policy. The vendors qualify and subscribe to RAW flash flood insurance, further details upon application.
The property is available on a long leasehold basis for 99 years from April 1989. There is a ground rental payment of £4,500 per annum. The guide price for the long leasehold is £150,000 exclusive.
Alternatively, the unit is available to lease on full repairing and insuring terms, at a rental of £15,000 per annum exclusive, for a term to be agreed.
Please note that the vendor is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises are currently rated as a vehicle repair workshop and premises at £12,500. The unit may qualify for small business rate relief. Prospective purchasers should check the exact rates payable with Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817200.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of F128 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request. The assessment was carried out prior to the recent refurbishment works and therefore the rating may have increased.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in November 2018.
· Popular Industrial Estate with good access to Carlisle city centre.
· GIA – 4,251sq ft with secure car parking and yard
· Recently refurbished
· Guide price – £150,000 exclusive