Chartered Building Surveyor
37.5 hr week Position
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits based on experience and ability
Apply for this position
Do you like the idea of surveying traditional buildings in the Lake District? With the benefits of practicing in beautiful countryside?
Edwin Thompson are looking to employ a Chartered Building Surveyor based in our Keswick / Lake District central office with possibility of flexible homeworking.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Three years minimum post qualification experience and MRICS
- Enjoy working in a variety of Building Surveying roles within a longstanding, traditional firm of Chartered Surveyors. Work including surveying of traditional vernacular Lake District buildings (residential commercial and agricultural) as well as commercial inspections of contemporary buildings.
- Be capable of professional work including assessing, surveying, preparation of schedules of dilapidations and negotiation thereof on behalf of Landlords and Tenants.
- Be capable of taking client brief, design, specification, tendering, contract administration of conversion, repair, extension of existing buildings.
- Have CAD experience, advantageous but not essential.
- Have a knowledge of Historic Building Conservation.
- Have Party Wall experience, preferable but not essential.
- Have confidence in diagnosis of building defects in traditional and contemporary buildings.
In return the successful candidate would be working in a friendly office within the Lake District with good architectural draughting and secretarial support.
Working a 37.5 hr week with car allowance, a competitive salary and benefits based on experience and ability, with RICS membership, CPD, equipment and usual expenses covered.
Have access to our existing and ever-growing client base with freedom to grow the business to suit your expertise.
The successful candidate will work alongside RIBA Architects and technicians within our building department and will be mentoring our junior building surveying staff/apprentice.
To apply please send your CV to Staś Kubasiewicz, Partner and Chartered Architect: email@example.com