117A Denton Street, Carlisle CA2 5EN
£15,000 per year
The property is located centrally within Denton Holme, an inner city district in Carlisle and is situated to the immediate south west of the city centre. Carlisle lies close to the Scottish Border and adjacent to Junctions 42, 43 and 44 of the M6 motorway network. It is also on the main west coast Virgin Glasgow to London Euston rail line and has good access east to Newcastle, including Newcastle airport, along the A69 trunk road.
The City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000, a wider city population of around 108,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000.
Denton Street runs in a northerly direction before crossing the train line where it merges with Victoria Viaduct. At English Street in the city centre it then joins with either the A6 London Road which runs out of the city to the south east and connects with Junction 42 of the M6, the A7 which loops back out of the city in a westerly direction or the A69 which travels east and links with Junction 43 of the M6.
The property provides a self-contained ground floor retail unit forming part of a larger three storey mixed use building. The premises are of brick and sandstone construction underneath a pitched slate roof with a part flat felt roof to the rear and incorporate timber framed single glazed return shop frontage with security grills in part, a single pedestrian access door with a manual roller shutter door and a timber delivery door on the Nelson Street elevation.
The unit is accessed via a single pedestrian door and internally comprises an open plan shop, former bakery, internal lobby, rear office, WC, kitchenette, storeroom, server room and stockroom.
The open plan shop area comprises vinyl tiled flooring, plaster painted walls, suspended ceiling with strip fluorescent lighting and leads to the former bakery area to the rear.
Externally, a rear passageway provides access to a rear fire exit.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor 151.86 sq m (1,635 sq ft)
Total Net Internal Area 151.86 sq m (1,635 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £15,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
The VOA website states that the 117A Denton Street has a Rateable Value of £17,500 and is described as a shop & premises.
Small Business Rate Relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable directly via Carlisle City Council, telephone number 01228 817234.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Suzie Barron – firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Ellis – email@example.com
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in June 2020.