Former Penrith Co-Operative Building 19 Burrowgate, Penrith CA11 7TD
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M). The town has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden District with a district population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the Main West Coast Line which provides direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
The subject property is situated on Burrowgate, a short distance to the north east of the main Penrith town centre retailing core and accessed via Middlegate to the west and Sandgate to the east. The surrounding area is predominantly retail with occupiers on Middlegate including B&M Bargains, Country Causals, The Cumberland Building Society, Superdrug, United Colours of Benetton and The Salvation Army. Immediate retailers on Burrowgate are a mix of gift shops, leisure outlets and a Spar shop and Post Office are directly opposite the eastern end of the premises.
19 Burrowgate provides an imposing sandstone/brick built premises with extensive shop frontage, in one of the most sought after and exciting areas in Penrith, with the street as a whole being part of a substantial development project.
The ground floor provides a former food store comprising approximately 15,973 sq ft of retail accommodation in shell condition with various front entrances as well as rear access points. The ground floor is available as a whole or as subdivided units and benefits from substantial glazed frontage and direct access to Burrowgate.
It is understood that the property provides the following approximate gross internal areas on the basis of the proposed subdivision:
19 Burrowgate Ground Floor
Unit 1 372.00m2 (4,000 sq ft)
Unit 2 192.00m2 (2,077 sq ft)
Unit 3 568.00m2 (6,123 sq ft)
Unit 4 325.00m2 (3,498 sq ft)
Part of Unit 2 119.00m2 (1281 sq ft)
Part of Unit 3 53.00m2 (570 sq ft)
Total Approximate GIA 1,656.00m2 (17,825 sq ft)
All requirements will be considered.
It is understood that the property is connected to mains electricity, gas, water, and the mains drainage system.
It is the responsibility of the tenant to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the property in consultation with the relevant services providers
It is understood from the VOA website that the whole of the premises have a Rateable Value of £106,000.
The property will need to be re-assessed upon occupation of part. Prospective tenants can discuss potential rates payable with Eden District Council – Tel: 01768 817817.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the whole of the premises and a copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Energy Performance Certificates will be commissioned upon completion of the development.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the letting documentation together with any VAT thereon.
Viewing of the property is strictly by appointment only through Edwin Thompson or joint agents Mason Owen. For further information contact:
Joe Ellis – email@example.com
Tel: 01228 548 385
or Joint Agents
Contact: Luke Arnold
Tel: 0151 242 3091
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in September 2017.