The Glasshouse, Wheatsheaf Lane, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 9DY
£12,500 per year
The Glasshouse is situated in the town centre of Wigton which lies approximately 13 miles south west of Carlisle and some 20 miles north west of Penrith. Wigton is a traditional, medieval marlet town with a population of approximately 5,831 (2011 Census) which is located in the north west of Cumbria, North West England.
The town benefits from a number of local amenities and boasts a well occupied high street. There are also a number of national occupiers including B&M Bargains, Greggs and Toffs.
Wigton is approached from Carlisle via both the A595 and A596 which continue on to connect to Workington, Whitehaven and West Cumbria approximately 22 miles away. The nearest motorway connections are Junctions 42 and 43 of the M6 motorway at Carlisle. Whaetsheaf Lane travels south where it meets with King Street (B5305) which travels in an east/west direction connecting with West Street (B5302) approximately 300 metres away and providing access to the A596 northern by-pass road. King Street also connects with Hugh Street which travels south connecting with South End and becomes the B5304 before connecting to the A595.
The property comprises a two storey detached building that is of traditional stone construction, underneath a pitched slate roof with a part flat felted roof section to the rear. The front elevation is rendered and painted with a timber framed retail frontage.
The property is approached from the front via a timber door into the dining area of the café with doors off to a kitchen, rear corridor leading to male and female WC’s, two store rooms, rear courtyard and stairs to the first floor accommodation. The first floor provides a further kitchen area and store.
Externally, there is a rear enclosed courtyard, which could provide seating for up to 6 tables.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor 80.96 m² (872 sq ft)
First Floor 92.91 m² (1,000 sq ft)
Total Net Internal Area 173.87 m² (1,872 sq ft)
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity, gas, water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems.
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £12,500 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C67 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
The VOA website states that The Glasshouse has a Rateable Value of £9,900 and is described as café and premises.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Suzie Barron – email@example.com
Joe Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in June 2019.